In the pandemic era that threatens the fate and future of humans, it seems that all skills that are unnecessary for survival have lost their value. I have always believed that music is necessary for anyone. Everyone has different tastes in music, but almost no one dislikes music. In any part of the world, there are still a large number of people who see music as a source of comfort and sustenance for their spirit or soul. However, after the epidemic hit and all the paid gigs were canceled, I realized that there was also a large number of people who did not want to pay for music. The epidemic made the already networked world even more dependent on the Internet. More people are using the Internet, and more people have become pro about it. While the Internet has made it easier to promote music, it has also made it less valuable. Live concerts are now being videotaped and put online for all to see, mostly for free. Also because the performances are videotaped online, many audiences refuse to pay for this form of a concert. Audiences believe that this kind of music should be free of charge and not on a par with “sitting in a concert hall”. Is the value of the music not in the music itself, but in the fact that you are paying to rent the venue for a period of time? This was certainly a blow and a challenge to musicians during the epidemic, at least to me, and I was shocked and upset to find this out.

However, as much as we all think of music as spiritual sustenance, musicians not only see music as the same way but also depend on it for survival and work hard for it. I was very impressed with Cyber PR Artist family member Rich G. Aveo and his wife Cat London’s efforts to get paid music recognized and, arguably, to pave the way for future musicians like us. What a fun and engaging way to make music online! I would totally pay to have them play. It reminds me of when a man wants to propose to a woman, and they will gladly pay a musician or filmmaker to produce their own music or film for their fiancée. Although very old-fashioned, I can well imagine making money with music in a similar way during an epidemic. For example, making exclusive music. “I’m sure the epidemic left a lot of people very bored and unable to find a better way to be entertained. But I’ve always thought that making other people happy would also bring me happiness. So why not try to find a way to make your loved ones happy? Surprise them with exclusive music and be happy for as little as your money for a video game.” Well, I had even written an ad for it! I think musicians need to be connected to people’s most true and basic lives to be successful. While making a lot of money with music is only one type of success for musicians, having money to survive is definitely a necessary prerequisite for success.

Citation

Cyberpr. (2020, July 09). Musician’s Guide to Monetizing Music Live Streams. Retrieved December 01, 2020, from https://www.cyberprmusic.com/monetizing-music-livstreams/